Marketing Coordinator Description
A marketing coordinator develops and implements marketing and advertising campaigns for a business or organization. This includes tracking sales data, maintaining an inventory of promotional materials, scheduling meetings, booking and planning for trade shows, maintaining databases, and preparing reports. Marketing coordinators will be responsible for planning and keeping a campaign on schedule, executing tasks and coordinating work with contractors and suppliers as needed.
- A blend of creativity and an analytical mindset is a valuable perspective for a marketing coordinator as this role has input in developing marketing campaigns but also required to execute the campaigns accurately with data-driven insights.
- Great proofreading skills and being detail-oriented is important as working out the finer points of a campaign and executing errortlessly are often trusted to marketing coordinators.
- A good understanding of marketing techniques, advertising strategies, and design principles are valuable to develop.
- Project management skills will be required as marketing coordinators will be expected to manage campaigns and projects independently.
- Excellent computer skills, experience with design programs would be an asset.
- Time management and working under pressure to accommodate tight deadlines and rush projects is a valuable skill.
- Good interpersonal skills are valuable for this position as marketing coordinators work closely with clients and colleagues.
Marketing Coordinator Salary
An average salary is $31K per year in Canada. A more experienced marketing coordinator may make up to $70K.
Marketing Coordinator Hours
Full time positions are common for this role.
Marketing Coordinator Training
Marketing coordinators may have a degree in marketing or communications, or complete a diploma and certificate programs.The creation of a portfolio of independent projects, school projects, and past work is valuable to share with employers.
Useful Information About Being a Marketing Coordinator
The Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada: https://www.iabcanada.com/|Canadian Marketing Association: https://www.the-cma.org/|Essential skill profile for marketing coordinator (1123): https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/essentialskillsresults/251