Legal Secratary Programs Description
Legal secretaries perform a variety of administrative tasks to support a legal team including answering phones and emails, greeting clients, helping prepare and file legal documents, reading legal articles, managing calendars, and entering data into databases.|These positions may be in a law firm, government, or corporate legal departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed for this position as a legal secretary will be required to prepare documents and have frequent contact with clients and members of a legal team.
- A good understanding of legal terminology, software, and case proceedings is valuable.
- Legal secretaries must be able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately and act in an ethical manner.
- Attention to detail, transcription skills and the ability to accurately and carefully review documentation are key for this role.
- Proficient computer skills, excellent organization, and time management are also important for this position.
Legal Secratary Salary
An average starting salary is 27K per year in Canada. A more experienced legal secretary may make up to 57K.
Legal Secratary Hours
Full time and part time positions are common for this role. Overtime work may be required during busy periods.
Legal Secratary Training Courses
There are a variety of certificate and diploma programs available to receive training to become a legal secretary.
Useful Information About Being a Legal Secratary
Essential skill profile for legal secretary (1242): https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/essentialskillsresults/132