Health Care Aides are an important part of the patient care team. Individuals in this role may be responsible for monitoring, reporting and documentation, transporting patients, maintaining patient’s rooms and general patient care. In a home or home care environment duties may include bathing, grooming, and preparing and serving meals.
This program teaches students the necessary knowledge and practical skills for employment as Health Care Aides in a facility, as well as home environments. Areas of study include anatomy, physiology, community care, human development, social and cultural issues, communication skills.
• Minimum of a Canadian high school grade 12 or equivalent, or a mature student
• Pass an entrance test administrated by Herzing College
• Be interviewed in detail regarding interest in the field
• Students who have been educated outside of Canada are required to obtain a Canadian Language Benchmark Assessment or pass the Herzing College HCA Communications Assessment.
• Provide the College with the following documentation:
1. Two letters of reference
2. Health record
3. Immunization record
4. Criminal record check with applicable transcript obtained within the past 90 days
5. Child abuse registry