Office Administrator Programs Description
An Office Administrator, much like an administrative assistant helps alleviate the work-load and assists staff from all levels with their day-to-day tasks. Additionally, they are responsible for delegating tasks to lower-level staff (such as an administrative assistant), record-keeping, billing and other key logistics within an organization.
- The ability to communicate with others, in order to coordinate with other employees around the company.
- The ability to adapt to changing environments and new software technologies and installations etc.
- Being able to work under pressure when given a task
- Keep a stock of office supplies and place orders when necessary.
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases
- Supervise administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure performance.
Office Administrator Salary
The average office administrator’s salary in Canada ranges between $27,000 to $52,000 a year.
Office Administrator Training Courses
To start your career of becoming an office administrator, you need to have proven your experience and on average 2 years of loyal service as an office assistant and/or any other similar role. A high school diploma is usually necessary. Though not mandatory, a bachelors degree in business/office administration looks great on a resume and definitely gives you an advantage.
Useful Information About Being a Office Administrator
Excellent and proficient knowledge for MS office, and other office suite software (such as ERP etc.). In addition, having the ability to use a computer, having adequate accounting skills and familiarity with office management procedures.
Top Office Administrator Courses & Programs
Medical Office Administration
Property and Casualty Insurance - LAC.BF / Assurance de dommages des particuliers - LCA.BF
Information Technology Professional + (Internship)
Human Resource Administration
Honours Business Administration + (Internship)
Accounting & Payroll Administration