Event Manager Programs Description
Event Managers applies project management to a large-scale event. They create, develop and oversee all aspects of large-scale events such as concerts, festivals, conventions, trade shows, ceremonies, and other events. While they perform some planning duties, Event Managers are not event planners.
Event Manager Core Task and Skills Required
Event Managers oversee all aspects of managing an event including identifying the target audience, formulating and planning all aspects of the event, project management of the whole event, managing teams and budgets, overseeing the planning and execution of an event, and supervise services of outside vendors.
- Research, choose and book venues, locations
- Plan budgets and time schedules
- Obtain all required permits and licenses
- Troubleshoot problems
- Generate ideas and fundraising activities
- Coordinate all indoor and outdoor vendors
- Arrange transportation and parking
- Ensure all health and safety standards are met
- Engage speakers, entertainers
- Design security and emergency contingency plans
- Develop crisis and situation management
- Monitor the event
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and be able to multi-task
Event Manager Salary
On average, Event Managers earn between $24,000 to $95,000 annually.
Event Manager Hours
During non-busy times, Event Managers work regular Monday to Friday business hours. During the time leading up to and including the actual event dates, Event Managers often work long hours that include days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
Event Manager Training Courses
Event Managers can take courses, workshops and programs to help develop the skills needed to perform all aspects of their job. Some employers offer inhouse training to their staff, professional development workshops, seminars, or opportunities to take additional learning during or outside of working hours.
Useful Information About Being a Event Manager
There are no formal credentials or requirements. Event Managers have different education levels and backgrounds. Event Managers can have college or university degrees in business or project management, hospitality, marketing, administration or other relevant training.