Accountant Programs Description
An Accountant oversees and records, all the business transactions and financial matters for a company or organization. They are responsible for providing financial information to management, analyzing data, researching information, and preparing worksheets and reports.
- Prepare and compile account entries
- Analyze information
- Produce spreadsheets, balance sheets, and profit and loss statements
- Prepare and present different financial reports to management
- Collect information used to summarize current financial
- Audit accounts
- Reconcile accounts and discrepancies
- Secure financial information and maintain confidentiality
- Prepare payments
- Prepare and file taxation statements
The average annual salary for an Accountant is $33,000. Depending on the industry and position held, some Accountants make over $87,000 annually.
Most Accountants work Monday to Friday, 9 to 5 jobs. However, some can work evenings, weekends, and overtime, depending on where they work.
Accountant Training Courses
There are different types of Accountants and areas of practise to choose from. Additional training is required to work in certain sectors or hold different types of designations.
Useful Information About Being a Accountant
There are three different accounting credentials Accountants can choose from: Certified General Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, and Chartered Professional Accountant. To become designated in one of these credentials, you must complete a certified accountant program from a recognized institution, meet the relevant minimum of three years’ work experience, and pass the licensing exam.